Complaints Procedure & Feedback
At Self Help Africa, we are committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with the general public and our supporters are of the highest possible standard.
To demonstrate our commitment to openness, transparency and integrity to our beneficiaries and to our donors, Self Help Africa operates to the triple lock standards – transparent reporting, good fundraising and governance.
In addition, Self Help Africa is signatory to the Dochas Code of Governance and the Code of Conduct on Images and Messages. Find out more information on: Governance, Accountability and Transparency.
At Self Help Africa we commit to ensuring the following:
- It is as easy as possible to make a feedback or a complaint.
- We welcome all feedback and are grateful for your interest in our work.
- We truly value any feedback or comment on our work as it helps us ensure we maintain our high standards.
- We treat any feedback seriously whether it is made by telephone, email ([email protected]) or in person.
- We treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction within our operations which calls for a response.
- We will deal with it quickly, politely and respectfully.
- We will respond accordingly – for example with an explanation or an apology where we have gotten things wrong and information on any action taken etc.
- We learn from our complaints, use them to improve and monitor at management level.
If you wish to give us a feedback or if you have a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact our Donor Care Team in writing or by telephone. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond to you, providing relevant contact details.
Self Help Africa
Kingsbridge House, 17-22 Parkgate Street
Tel. +353 (0)1 677 8880
Tel. +353 (0)1 661 5522
We are open 5 days a week from 9:00am Monday to 5:00pm Friday.
If you make a complaint in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and provide a new deadline.