Leave a lasting legacy
Like you, Self Help Africa wants a world free from hunger and poverty – by leaving a legacy gift in your Will, you can support this effort and make an impact for generations to come.
Read more below, to find out how your Will can make a difference. Get in touch with Louise – email@example.com – for more information.
Supported by a legacy – Promise and Prime Ndisasirwa
“We used to take the girls regularly to the health clinic because of illness, but now look at them,” she adds – pointing to her energetic daughters Promise and Prime as they play nearby.
Gastone and Scovia were amongst dozens of households from Kikyenkye village in South-Western Uganda who were trained in household food production. They have learned how to optimise what they grow on their small plot, and also received seed to allow them to start growing different fruit and vegetable crops.
Not only is the family healthier, but Gastone says he has begun to look at his land in a different way.
“Before, I used to think that this plot was too small to support a family. Now, I am optimistic about the future, especially for my children. I am going to continue working hard. I think we have a very bright future.”
Niamh from Carlow was one of many to leave a legacy gift which transformed the lives of the Ndisasirwa family and many others like them.
Legacies can take a number of different forms – read below to find out about different types of legacies or for advice on writing or changing your will.
Writing your will
Legacies can take a number of different forms – click the boxes to the right to find out about different types of legacies or for advice on writing or changing your will.
our promise to you
- We fully understand that taking care of your family and your loved ones must always come first.
- We recognise that your Will is personal and private to you and we promise you that we will respect your privacy at all times and will act in strictest confidence.
- If you specify in your Will how and where you would like your gift to be used by Self Help Africa we will always work to honour your wishes.
- We promise you that we will use your gift as carefully and as cost effectively as possible so that it brings maximum impact to those whom we work with in Africa.
- At any time in the future we recognise that you have the absolute right to change your mind about a gift in your Will to Self Help Africa.