Offaly Camino Canal
Way Walk 2024
St. Brigid's Bank Holiday weekend (Sunday 4th February 2024)
Route is along the Offaly Camino Canal Way Walk from Tullamore to Croghan Hill, Co. Offaly.
€20 (Purchase below)
This St. Brigid's Bank Holiday weekend (4th of February 2024), trek 20km from Tullamore's Fiona's Way to Croghan Hill along the Canal and discover Offaly.
The Camino follows the Canal Way through some of the finest scenery in the midlands of Ireland. The route is a mixture of tracks, trails, paths, finishing with 5km of country lanes/roads around Daingean and Croghan and finishing at or on Croghan Hill.
Walkers register for the Offaly Camino Canal Way Walk below. Simply enter walker details, emergency contact details etc and pay the registration fee to be emailed your ticket and sponsorship card.
Sponsorship cards are available to people that register so that people can raise funds for Self Help Africa. We are also asking people to set up an online donation page if they can with funds going to Self Help Africa. (contact Ronan at ronan.
Please note that the Offaly Camino Canal Way Walk at 20km is a safe flat medium challenging trek. Anyone carrying an injury, taking medication or unsure of their fitness, should consult with a doctor before registering.
- Start off with a beginning morning prayer and thank you at the Fiona Pender memorial at the start of Fiona's Way along the Canal - 8.45am/9am walk start
- Fiona's Way (start walking at 9am Sunday the 4th of Feb (St. Brigid's Day Bank Holiday weekend) to Ballycommon Dist 8KM
- Ballycommon to Daingean - Dist 7km
- Tranquil back roads through Croghan to famous Historical Croghan Hill. - Dist 5km
- Mass with Fr. Greg on Croghan Hill at 2pm
- The best cup of tea and BBQ you've ever had at the finish with music and refreshments!
Set up a fundraising page
Share this event