Offaly Camino Canal
Way Walk 2021
August Bank Holiday weekend (31 July to 1 August)
Route is along the Offaly Camino Canal Way Walk from Clonmacnoise to Croghan Hill, Co. Offaly.
€50 (Purchase below)
This August Bank Holiday (31st of July to the 1st of August), trek 60km from Shannon Harbour to Croghan Hill and discover Offaly.
The Camino follows the Canal Way through some of the finest scenery in the midlands of Ireland. The route is a mixture of tracks, trails, paths, finishing with 5km of country lanes/roads around Daingean and Croghan and finishing at or on Croghan Hill.
Walkers register for the Offaly Camino Canal Way Walk below. Simply enter walker details, emergency contact details etc and pay the registration fee to be emailed your ticket and sponsorship card. We are also asking people to set up an online donation page if they can with funds going to Self Help Africa.
Please note that the Offaly Camino Canal Way Walk at 50km is a safe flat medium challenging trek. Anyone carrying an injury, taking medication or unsure of their fitness, should consult with a doctor before registering.
Route highlights include:
- Mass at Clonmacnoise - 7am
- Historic Shannon Harbour close to Clonmacnoise. (start walking at 8am Saturday the 31st of July) to Belmont Dist 7KM
- Belmont to Ferbane - Dist 5km (9am)
- Ferbane to Pollough - Dist 10KM (11.30am)
- Pollough to Rahan - Dist 10KM - Lunch stop at Pollough (2.30pm)
Rahan to Tullamore (last stop on the Saturday 31st of July and starting point for Sunday Aug 1st at 9.30am) - Dist 10KM (5pm)
- Sunday the 1st of August - Tullamore to Ballycommon - Dist 6KM
- Ballycommon to Daingean - Dist 6km
Tranquil back roads through Croghan to famous Historcial Croghan Hill. - Dist 6km
The best cup of tea and BBQ you've ever had at the finish!
Share this event