2nd - 5th April 2021 (Easter Weekend)
Your Local Area
It’s free to sign up - just set up a Fundraising page
Whilst we’re all stuck at home for Easter, be a good egg & have some fun by joining our virtual Chicken Run.
The idea, in an eggshell:
- Run or Walk 10km over the 4 days of Easter - from Good Friday to Easter Monday. You can do this however you like; in one go, 2 x 5km, or as a family relay - passing over a chocolate egg as you go. You could even coincide the route with your own easter egg hunt, collecting tokens, to exchange for chocolate eggs at the finish line!
- Start your Facebook fundraiser, and ask your friends and family to sponsor you. You could add to the challenge by doing it in Easter themed fancy dress - a chicken outfit or bunny ears! If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can collect sponsorship via online platforms like Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving.
- Just €10 in sponsorship is enough to provide a family in sub-Saharan Africa with an improved breed cockerel and hen. A hen can lay five eggs a week providing an important source of nutrition for the household, and surplus eggs can be sold to earn an income (link to chickens case study).
- It's totally free to sign up, and all participants will receive a ‘Cer-chick-ificate’ of participation. E-mail [email protected] a link to your fundraising page once it’s set up - and if you raise over £50 in sponsorship, by Monday 5th April, we’ll also send you a chocolate medal!
- Register below and set up a Facebook Fundraiser to get started. You can register individually or as a family/group. Please note, only one certificate and chocolate medal (over £50 sponsorship) will be issued per registration.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact [email protected]
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Share this event