Sunday 11th September 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne
£59 registration fee + £250 minimum sponsorship
Our places for The 2022 Great North Run have been filled, but you can still complete the form below to be placed on our reserve list or register interest for 2023.
The Great North Run is the world’s most iconic half marathon. The event, which is shown live on the BBC, starts in Newcastle city centre and finishes 13.1 miles later in the coastal town of South Shields.
2022 will mark the 41st staging of this iconic event and the third time Self Help Africa have entered a team of runners. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love for you to join ‘Team SHA’ on Sunday 11th September.
“Undertaking the Great North Run for Self Help Africa was a big highlight of my year. From streets packed with supporters cheering you along, to live bands playing on roundabouts and thousands of other runners to guide you along your way - who knows, you may even make it on to TV! There is no better feeling than crossing the finishing line after weeks of training, knowing you’ve done all the hard work and helped a worthy cause along the way. If anyone is wanting a new challenge in 2022, then don’t pass this opportunity up - it’s definitely a day to remember!” - Phil Brown, Team SHA 2019
The public ballot is always oversubscribed with 1000s of runners left disappointed each year, but we’ve got our hands on five exclusive charity places. For guaranteed race entry all you need to do is pay a £59 registration fee and pledge to raise a minimum of £250 for Self Help Africa.
Each member of our fantastic team will receive:
- An exclusive Self Help Africa running vest and fundraising pack
- Personalised support from our fundraising team
- A Great North Run race pack which will include your race number, timing chip and event information
- Plenty of encouragement, enthusiasm and smiles throughout your challenge!
Funds raised will support our work with vulnerable farming communities in sub-Saharan Africa.
* Places for The 2022 Great North Run have been filled, but you can still complete the form below to be placed on our reserve list or register interest for 2023.
For more information, contact Steph Smith on [email protected]
Share this event