As a member of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB), Self Help Africa has made a public promise to adhere to best practice, honesty, transparency, clarity and accountability in all fundraising activity, enabling you to give with confidence.
We hope that our membership will build trust and confidence in charitable giving and, ultimately, encourage more people to provide vital support for long term agricultural development in sub-Saharan Africa.
Our Fundraising promise to you
Should you have any concerns about the way we fundraise, we have a robust complaints process detailed below. We encourage you to get in touch with your feedback. And, if you are unsatisfied with the way we handle your concerns, you can also contact the independent regulatory, the FRSB.
At Self Help Africa we commit to ensuring the following:
- It is as easy as possible to make a complaint
- We treat as a complaint, any clear expression of dissatisfaction within our operations which calls for a response
- We treat any feedback or complaint seriously whether it is made by telephone, email ([email protected]), letter, or in person
- We will deal with it quickly, politely and respectfully
- We will respond accordingly – for example with an explanation or an apology where applicable and information on any action taken etc.
- We learn from our complaints, use them to improve and monitor at management level
If you do have a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact our Donor Care Team in writing or by telephone. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond to you, providing relevant contact details.
Self Help Africa
Westgate House, Dickens Court
Hills Lane, Shrewsbury, SY1 1QU
Tel. +44 (0) 1743 277 170
We are open 5 days a week from 9:00am Monday to 5:00pm Friday.
If you complain in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and provide a new deadline.