feedback and complaints
fundraising complaints procedure
As a valued supporter of Self Help Africa, we understand the importance of facilitating any feedback or complaints that you may have. If, for any reason, you should feel aggrieved then we will endeavor to do our utmost to make sure that we come to a satisfactory solution.
We are committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with the general public and our supporters are of the highest possible standard. We listen to and respond to the views of the general public and our supporters so that we can continue to improve.
Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- It is as easy as possible to make a complaint
- We treat as a complaint, any clear expression of dissatisfaction within our operations which calls for a response
- We treat any feedback or complaint seriously whether it is made by telephone, email ( [email protected]) or in person
- We will deal with it quickly, politely and respectfully
- We will respond accordingly – for example with an explanation or an apology where we have gotten things wrong and information on any action taken etc.
- We learn from our complaints, use them to improve and monitor at management level
If you do have a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact our Donor Care Team in writing or by telephone. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond to you, providing relevant contact details.
Self Help Africa – Shrewsbury,
Westgate House, Dickens Court
Hills Lane, Shrewsbury, SY1 1QU
Tel. +44 (0) 174 327 7170
We are open 5 days a week from 9:00am Monday to 5:00pm Friday.
If you complain in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and provide a new deadline.