Job Title: Shop Coordinator
Contract Type: Permanent Part Time 16hr
Reports to: Area Support Manager
Job Purpose: To maximise the full trading potential of our Lisburn shop
• To maintain the Self Help Africa shop to the highest standard
• Present both shop interior and shop window to the highest standard
• Adherence to SHANI shop handbook, policy’s and procedures
• Drive and maximise sales within the shop
• To ensure continuous supply of stock
• To maximise the recycling business
• To respond promptly to correspondence received from other departments
• To keep shop costs to a minimum
• Store, file, and, if necessary, copy, all correspondence to and from the shop
• Keep accurate financial documentation
• To assist other departments where and when necessary
• Recruit, train, motivate volunteer team in Retail and Customer Service skills
• Adhere to health and safety policy
• Ensure there is no discrimination on the grounds of race, creed, age, or sexual orientation.
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise a changing workload
• Shop managers may be required to travel to other shops in the region, or to attend meetings set up by senior management
• Any other tasks as requested by the Company from time to time
• Head of Retail
• SHANI Area Support Manager
• SHA Retail Managers Network
• Volunteer Team
• Members of the public
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience
• Must have completed secondary level education.
• Must have store management experience 2-3 years minimum
• Evidence of motivational and leadership skills
• Ambitious with a proven ability to take initiative and implement change.
• A proven track record in driving sales
• Experience of working with members of the public
• Attention to detail
• Evidence of strong commitment to excellent customer service
• Commitment to the vision, mission and values of Self Help Africa
• Experience in the not for profit sector
• Sales training an advantage.
• Clean driving licence and use of a car
• Computer literate
How to apply:
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Any candidate offered a job with Self Help Africa will be expected to sign Self Help Africa’s Safeguarding Policies and Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Specific roles may require police/DBS/garda vetting.
Self Help Africa strives to be an Equal Opportunities Employer