Job Title: PMU Grants and Compliance Officer
Company: Self Help Africa
Department: Programme Management Unit
Reports to: CHIEF OF PARTY
Job Purpose: The Grants & Compliance Officer will monitor the performance of all financial and operational functions within the BETTER consortium partners. The position holder will ensure that all staff are well versed in EU donor and Consortium policies and procedures, and are adhering to such standards. S/he will summarize EU donor guidelines and requirements and make sure each consortium partner is complying with EU operational requirements and standards for the Better Extension Training Transforming Economic Returns (BETTER) Programme.
BETTER is a five-year EU funded programme that aims at increasing resilience, food, nutrition and income security of smallholder farmers in 10 districts (Karonga, Chitipa, Mzimba, Kasungu, Nkhata-Bay, Nkhotakota, Salima, Chiradzulu, Thyolo and Mulanje) across the country. The programme will be implemented by five NGOs namely SHA Malawi (Lead), Action Aid, Plan, ADRA and EAM. The project has the following specific objectives:
- To strengthen agricultural extension services through 13,400 FFS groups in order to secure effective and productive services for smallholder farmers in 10 KULIMA districts.
- To increase the resilience of 402,000 smallholder farmers to adapt to adverse effects of climate change and improve food security in 78 EPAs in 10 KULIMA districts.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities.
- Experience in working with consortiums and NGOs.
Please submit by 5pm of 30th September, 2019 a completed application form, CV and motivation letter. descriptions can also be found.
Completed application forms, a motivation letter, and an updated curriculum, for the vacancies should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
“Any candidate offered a job with Self Help Africa will be expected to sign Self Help Africa’s Safeguarding Policies and Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents. Specific roles may require police/DBS/garda vetting.”
SHA is an equal opportunities employer