Job Title: Finance Manager
Company: Self Help Africa Malawi Country Programme
Department: Finance Department
Reports to: Chief of Party with technical reporting to Head of Finance and Administration
Self Help Africa would like to recruit a Finance Manager for PMU. The Finance Manager will be directly responsible for financial management of the BETTER Project in Administration budgeting, establishing and maintaining financial and management procedures, monitoring accounting and internal control systems, maintaining financial records, preparing financial statements and management reports and ensuring compliance with SHA Malawi accounting policies in line with EU donor procedures as well as ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements. This is a challenging role in order to ensure BETTER Project financial resources are put into good and intended use and to ensure effective and efficient support for smooth project implementation.
- A Qualified ACCA chartered Accountant,
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar position preferably in an INGO, with excellent knowledge of the NGO sector in Malawi,
- Strong understanding of practical experience in Accounting;
- Proficiency in computer packages especially Ms Word, outlook and Excel and other related packages,
- Able to work well with staff and Partners at different levels,
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills, flexibility and ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Excellent English language skills. A good communicator, with proven experience in reporting;
- Ability to work in a team and able to work closely with a diverse team with minimum direct supervision.
- Experience in managing an annual budget of more than 3 billion Malawi Kwacha
- Experience in working with consortiums and NGOs
Please submit your application by Monday 30th September, 2019
Completed application forms, a motivation letter, and an updated Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to email@example.com.
“Any candidate offered a job with Self Help Africa will be expected to sign Self Help Africa’s Safeguarding Policies and Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents. Specific roles may require police/DBS/garda vetting.”
Self Help Africa is the best Organization to work with, you will not regret.