Job Title: Accountant – Financial Systems Analyst
Company: Self Help Africa
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours Monday – Friday
Salary Range: €50k-€55k depending on experience
Location: SHA Head office, Dublin
Reports to: HQ Finance Manager
Job purpose: PS Financials is a bespoke accounting system (SQL server platform) that has been used by Self Help Africa since 2010. The extensive management information available within the system is not being fully utilised and report generation and data analysis are both heavily dependent on Excel. The initial primary focus of this role will be project based, identifying the reporting needs and working with internal and external expertise to deliver a report suite that will streamline the reporting process in the production of the consolidated accounts of the Gorta Group and other reporting requirements including interfacing with Salesforce , SHA’s primary management information system.
Long term the role will play a key part in ensuring that the system remains fit for purpose and evidences best practice in the sector and to support the global finance function of Self Help Africa through the maintenance and development of PS Financials and interfaces with other systems.
• Work with the CIO and IT team to improve the flow of information between PS Financials and other MI Systems;
• Automate the production of the Group Consolidated Accounts;
• Assist in the development of management reports including specification and liaising with external providers;
• Improve the donor reporting function;
• Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the finance system, including new user set up , adding new projects, suppliers, bank accounts as required;
• Provide support and training to finance staff & troubleshooting where required;
• Assist in the maintenance of up to date procedural documentation;
• Liaise with PS Financials support as required;
• Assist in the development of tools to calculate Indirect Costs and to monitor cost recovery from donor budgets;
• Other ad hoc duties as required by the Finance team or CIO
• Chief Finance & Operations Officer
• Finance Departments in HQ and Country Offices
• PS Financials
• Third party consultants
• Internationally recognized Accounting Qualification (CA, ACA, CIMA, CPA)
• Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.
• General understanding of database structures.
• Excellent written and verbal English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including highly developed interpersonal skills.
• Strong planning and organisational skills.
• Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and Office.
• Experience or exposure to information systems such as PS Financials and Salesforce
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Experience of the not for profit sector
• French language skills
• Ability to travel internationally (max 2/3 trips annually)
• Understanding of / interest in development issues and a commitment to Self Help Africa’s work with people in Sub-Saharan Africa.
26 days annual leave
Health insurance cover
Pension scheme after 6 months (6.5% Employer contribution)
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application
Make it clear which position you are applying for by writing the position in the subject line of your e-mail [+ Your name]”. Please note incomplete applications will not be considered for shortlisting.
Please click the link to download the Job Description
Any candidate offered a job with Self Help Africa will be expected to sign Self Help Africa’s Safeguarding Policies and Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Specific roles may require police/DBS/Garda vetting.
Self Help Africa strives to be an Equal Opportunities Employer