Title: HR Administrator
Company: Self Help Africa
Reports to: HR Generalist
Salary range: €26,500 to €31,500
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
Self Help Africa is an Irish-headquartered international development organisation that is dedicated to ending hunger and poverty in rural Africa. It is the main operating entity in the Gorta group of companies that also includes Partner Africa, Traidlinks, TruTrade and Self Help Africa NI.
We are an ambitious and growing organisation with expertise in small-scale farming, growing farm businesses, nutrition and supporting rural poor communities to access new markets and earn fair prices for their produce. We have recently added humanitarian response to our portfolio to allow us to provide emergency assistance to communities that we work with.
Self Help Africa is the result of a series of mergers that have taken place in the past decade. In 2008, Self Help Africa was formed from the merger of Irish NGO Self Help Development International and UK-based Harvest Help. In 2014 a merger was concluded with Gorta, Ireland’s longest established international agricultural development organisation. A series of other, smaller NGOs have also become a part of the organisation, including Africa Now, Traidlinks and War on Want N.I.
Self Help Africa receives funding support for its work from the general public, as well as from Irish Aid, The European Union, UK Aid, USAID, a wide variety of philanthropic trusts and foundations and other sources. We have a long track record of success, and this year will help to lift close to four million people out of extreme poverty.
Self Help Africa has a strong retail presence with 24 retail charity outlets on the island of Ireland. We also have subsidiary social enterprises in TruTrade, providing smallholder farmers in East Africa with a reliable source to market for their produce; and Partner Africa, a consultancy that provides ethical audits and promotes socially responsible business practice across the continent of Africa. Self Help Africa currently works in eight countries in sub-Saharan Africa, and has offices in Dublin, London, Belfast, Shrewsbury and New York.
The role of HR Administrator is an interesting and varied one that supports all our UK and Ireland based staff. You will be working directly with the HR Generalist supporting all aspects of this busy HR department. The successful applicant will need to possess excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and have previous administration experience, preferably in a HR setting.
• Facilitate end to end recruitment for designated level roles including volunteers in co- ordination with the HR Generalist
• Support the HR Generalist with the recruitment of senior level positions
• Assist in the on-boarding process to all new employees and volunteers in UK and Ireland
• Ensuring all general day to day HR administration, is delivered effectively
• Support the development of HR MI using the Salesforce platform (including employee leave)
• Support the maintenance and updating of employee policies, guidelines and processes
• Update the HR database to ensure all relevant information is accurate
• Support the coordination, administration and organisation of learning and development initiatives
• Support monthly payroll administrative processes
• Support and facilitate the administration of the performance management system
• Coordinate the set-up and administration of employee engagement initiatives
• Support implementation of health and safety initiatives throughout the organisation
• Coordinate and manage administration for the employee well-being programme
• Any other related duties as required by the HR Generalist and support to management as required
Diploma/Degree Qualification in Human Resource Management and/or CIPD certification
Minimum two year’s administrative experience, preferably in a HR setting
• Experience in recruitment and employment law
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• Good IT skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Experienced in the use of social media technology solutions
• Experience of Salesforce
• HR Generalist
• HR Administrators in all relevant African Countries
• Chief Financial and Operating Officer
• Executive Director
• Staff and volunteers
Self Help Africa is an equal opportunities employer
Please fill in the application form below and send it with Cover letter and C.V. to email@example.com
Submissions without our application form (can be downloaded below), a cover letter and C.V. will not be considered.
Make it clear which position you are applying for by writing the position in the subject line of your e-mail [+ Your name]”.
Closing date: 10am Wednesday 30 May 2018
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview by e-mail and date for interview will be communicated.
Please click the link to download the application form
Please click the link to download the Job Description