Background of Self Help Africa
Self Help Africa (SHA) is an international NGO dedicated to the vision of an economically thriving and resilient rural Africa. We have 50 years of experience working with smallholder farmers, farmer associations, cooperatives, and agribusinesses across Africa to help farmers grow and sell more food, improve diets, diversify incomes, and make their livelihoods more sustainable and resilient to external shocks. SHA also builds awareness of issues affecting smallholders and represent their interests at policy and institutional level.
SHA is a core member of The Gorta Group which is composed of a group of innovative organizations driving sustainable economic and social change across Africa. Comprising Self Help Africa, United Purpose, Partner Africa and TruTrade, the Gorta Group combines expertise in market-based solutions to poverty and rural development; climate change mitigation and resilience; trade facilitation, and farmer and worker rights; underpinned by an inclusive ethos that specifically targets women and youth.
Background of the project
The Kisumu youth empowerment project is a one-year project commissioned by Designer Group and implemented by Self Help Africa in the informal settlement areas of Kondele and Obunga in Kisumu Town between July 2022 to June 2023. The main objective of the project is to increase youth employment and self-employment opportunities through training on practical technical skills. The project targets 230 youths in groups with soft skills training in group dynamics, financial literacy, business and entrepreneurial skills and group governance.
Self Help Africa therefore seeks the services of a BDS consultant to train, coach and mentor the youths in their groups on financial literacy, proposal writing, business plan development, and group dynamics.
Objectives of the assignment
The objective of the assignment is to train, coach and mentor the youth groups on the following topics:
- Commercial Business Plan development including response to calls for proposals
- Financial Literacy including Bookkeeping and documentation
- Group Dynamics including Governance & Management
The documents are found here
- Q-2577 Invitation to tender – Provision of short term consultancy on business development services
- SHA Terms and Conditions 2019 W&S
- SHA Code of Conduct Policy
- SHA Conflict of Interest Policy
- SHA Child Protection Policy
- SHA Data Protection Policy
- SHA Anti Fraud and Anti Corruption Policy
- SHA Whistleblowing Policy
Potential interested and qualified individuals consultants/firms are requested to submit an expression of interest for conducting this assignment and include all necessary documents that show competence in this assignment via email to [email protected]. Deadline: Submissions must be received by 5pm EAT 27th January 2023.
The proposal should be accompanied by:
- list of previous relevant experience in the specified field
- names of three professional referees
- Self Help Africa Safeguarding policies (Code of Conduct, Child Protection and Terms & Conditions) hereby attached to the ToR.
- Copy of valid tax compliance
- Certificate of registration (for company)
OUR POLICY: Self Help Africa does not ask for or accept money for bids. If approached for money or other favours, or if you have any suspicions of attempted fraud, bribery or corruption while tendering, please report immediately at selfhelpafrica.ethicspoint.com Please provide as much detail as possible with any reports. Further information on Confidential Reporting is available here.