Job Title: Project Driver/ General Service Officer
Organisation: Self Help Africa – Ethiopia
Location: Oda Bultum, Bedessa, West Hararghe Zone of Oromia
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Head of Programmes (HoP)
Contract type: 2-years fixed-term contract renewable based on performance review
About Self Help Africa:
Self Help Africa (SHA) is an international NGO, dedicated to the vision of an economically thriving and resilient rural Africa. SHA focuses on agriculture and agribusiness as the engine of growth in Africa. Our approach is collaborative and market-based: although we see our primary clients as smallholder farmers in Africa, we work with all participants in the agricultural value chain.
The position holder is responsible for planning and organising general, transport, mechanical, and driving services. The position holder also handles tasks and activities of utilities and travels.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Plans, organises, and controls the proper utilisation of vehicles of the organisation, including maintenance of the vehicle and its accessories
- Requests, purchases and saves fuel coupons of project vehicles, submitting calculations of fuel consumption monthly
- Provides service of delivery of goods and pick-up items and requests purchases internally or externally, as required
- Records vehicle log of all trip times, mileage and destinations
- Maintains and organises repairs of rented or organisation’s buildings, furniture and equipment
- Registers, labels and codes fixed assets of the organization, as per the prevailing policy and procedures
- Advises regular payments of utilities timely
- Ensures safety and welfare of passengers transported by project vehicle and reports accidents
- Perform all other related additional tasks as and when required by the Supervisor.
- Project Manager (Line manager)
- Procurement & Logistics Officer at Country Office
- County Management Team
- Finance and Administration Team
- External service providers
- Other International and Local NGOs
- Diploma in management, auto mechanics, or accounting
- At least seven (7) years relevant experience in driving or motor pool management or general services in NGO/INGO environment
- Ability in writing and spoken communication
- Ability to sort and handle sensitive matters
- Ability to use computer programme for handling tasks
- Valid at least 3rd grade driving license
- Written and spoken English and working knowledge of the local language-Afan Oromo
- Quality performance; viable solutions, transparency, helpful, integrity
Download the Job Description
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available and SHA reserves the right to make necessary changes.
How to apply:
Please note incomplete applications will not be considered for shortlisting.
Closing date is Sunday 24th January at 5pm
Please note that Self Help Africa Ethiopia advocates for equal opportunity and does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Self Help Africa is committed to the highest possible standards of openness, transparency, and accountability in all its affairs and is completely against fraud, bribery, and corruption. All employees are bound by code of conduct, child protection and conflict of interest policies.
Any candidate offered a job with Self Help Africa will be expected to sign Self Help Africa’s Safeguarding Policies and Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Police vetting is required.
All applicants are encouraged to read through the following safeguarding policies as you make your applications:
Women applicants are highly encouraged; Self Help Africa is an Equal Opportunities Employer